Sunday, June 6, 2010

the SURGERY!!! dum dum DUM!!! (but i survived!!!)

well, i had my gallbladdar taken out this past friday. but the day before, i was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!!! know what i mean??  by friday morning though, i had convinced myself that all was gonna be fine, and it was! IMG_0571but then i walked into the “get me ready for surgery” room and this is what was waiting for me on the bed!! yippie! map came in and told me that was the most expensive lingerie that i would ever wear…..he was probably right! i bet the gown cost $500 or more! and that nice little hair net! i actually had to get the large one to fit in all my hair! and my big head! ( i got up the morning of surgery and fixed my hair all up…only to be upset by it later…that explaination to come) IMG_0574i even thought starting an iv would nerve me (bein that it literally 30 mins to find a vein) but it didn’t. no, what actually put me on edge was the fact that i hadn’t noticed that i was long overdue for a color. when i stepped in the florescent lit bathroom to jump into my lovely purple nighty i peeked in the mirror to admire my pretty, rolled, surgery day hair, i saw THIS!!!!! EEEEKKKKKKK! i have NEVER let it get this bad!! i bet not many of you knew i was GRAY!!! not just regular gray, but nice shiny gray!!! anyway, i got a call in to the hair guru for friday! pics to come later !

IMG_0573

i made it out of surgery fine and i tried with all my might to not let my eyes close when they put the “smelly plasticy” mask over my nose……i thought to my self “don’t close your eyes, don’t close your ey…….” and that was it til i woke up in recovery!  i think the anasthesia is still wearin off cause i was making carrot cupcakes today and when i cracked the eggs, i cracked them into the cake box instead of the mixing bowl!? it was the anasthesia, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment