Sunday, June 7, 2009

the olden days

do any of you wish you could live in the olden days? when things seemed to be much more simple and less chaotic? when the pace of life was much slower? and of course things were made better?
i am very eclectic and when you walk into my house you see it for sure! my sofa no longer matches my love seat because i found a slipcover at the thrift store that i absolutely adore, and none of the wood pieces of furniture are the same color. i have docorative things sitting here and there that don't have anything in common... except that i like each and every one of them!
i love going to yard sales (but it's not that often 'cause of the wee ones taggin along and thinking they have to bring home all that they can get in the vehicle) to look for the rare finds that only special people with a "vision" can appreciate.
my mom and dad went yard salin' yesterday, and for beginners, they found some pretty good stuff. my mom found a neat little iron end table and she got me a beach umbrella w/ a sand anchor ( i had actually mentioned that i need to get some of these for when we go to the beach next month). she also got 2 white barstools that i am gonna chop the legs halfway off of to put at my kids new art/ school table (i homeschool my chillins', but that is another post so we won't go there right now)..well, it's new to us , but actually an old short antique table. it's also white and distressed looking and i think it's absolutely the perfect table. sometimes when i look at my antique stuff i wonder what it was used for or where it was at in its owners home, when they got it brand new. anyway, i just started pondering this morning.
hey, good news ! the sun is out!!! wow! although, it was raining earlier. oh, well. toodles for now. and PS. tell me about your favorite pieces of antique furniture and where it's at and what it's used for! i love to hear from other people with a "vision".

No comments:

Post a Comment