Wednesday, May 19, 2010

late spring afternoons in the country

this is a pretty windchime i got for mother's day. i love windchimes and my kids know it!  this one is hanging outside my bedroom window.
after the kids got out of the pool this afternoon, i told them if they ate all their dinner, i had a surprise for them. they LOVE LOVE LOVE to go walking down our dirt road late in the afternoons just before the sun sets (i do too because out in the country, that's the prettiest time of day) and we ran up on some of the prettiest wild flowers while we were out on our little adventure. i have no idea what ANY of them are...but they sure are pretty.....
this is jake's kitten. her name is Sunday. not sure how he came up with it but it seems to fit. my sil said to me the first time she saw Sunday that it must be a girl b/c like 90% of all tri-color cats like this are female!!! i did not know that! Sunday likes to run her motor and she loves to snuggle. i try not to get too close to an animal, that way if anything happens to them (like last week when daisy ((our mama dog)) got hit by a car and was killed) it's not as hard. poor ben saw it happen and he was ABSOLUTELY heartbroken!

here's a little surprise we found in one of our 58 blueberry trees. i asked jake if i gave him a pair of tweezers and lots of leaves and twigs if he could build a nest as tightly and neatly as that mama bird did.......he said it wouldn't look that good...

here is another pretty wildflower jake brought to my attention. it's kinds neat looking.

i don't have any idea what this is either but it's one of my favorites. i've never seen these before. they remind me of a starburst. pretty.

these little lime green fuzzy things are attention getters....and these, too, are new to me. we're outside in the blueberry patch every year this time and none of these flowers have been around in the past.
our bountiful blueberries....or one bush of them anyway...as i said, there are 57 more!!!
here is the flower that makes me smile  :) I LOVE HYDRANGEAS!!!
other than solid white stock, these are my favorite!!! especially the blues and purples!
BUT, i must say the sly little daddy long legs, has got to go! he is my least favorite of ANYTHING!!!
one of our many varities of daylilies. i think these are maps (my hubby's initials are MAP, therefore i call him map for short) favorite
it's so pretty in the country at dusk.
the kiddies enjoyin their late afternoon walk...with map
i also have a thing for these beautiful pink wild roses. if i could string up enough rope around my house, i'd  find a way to cover it completely in running wild rosebushes!!
so tiny and girly...

  • these roses run everywhere!! up a tree, over the fence...everywhere i say! but that's fine with me! crazy kids! they get excited when they can run out and pick me wild flowers from the edge of the woods. that makes me smile too  :)
    my grandma (kids call her grannie) has alzheimer's. she was diagnosed right before rivers was born and she has been slipping little by little ever since. she and rivers have this "thing". i think it's because grannie has just about slipped down to rivers' level. they are buddies and they seem to click into place everytime they see each other. sometimes grannie seems a little distant when she sees others, but never when she sees riv. if i ever visit and i don't have her with me, grannie immediately asks "where's the baby?" ever since rivers was born, she called her "the baby" because that's what she was about the time grannie stopped remembering and started to forget things but she always knows her baby.
    i try to get as many pictures of the two of them as i can. both sets of my great-grand parents were gone before i could remember them but my kids have been fortunate enough to get to know and remember most of their greats.
    i think this is my favorite picture of them. grannie seems so far away but she's got her baby girl in her arms. today was a good day :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment