Sunday, May 16, 2010

my THRIFTY find at the thrift store!!!!!

i am sooooo super excited about my new find at a habitat thrift store my sil introduced me to. it's in the same town where we camped this weekend (pix of that to follow ;) )we went to the thrift store two times and i got good stuff both times but this is my favorite by far!!!!! i wanted to give you a tour! not sure how old it is but i'm sure we were born around the same time. i scraped off the chipping paint and 409'd it all over. nice lemoney smell in it's new home! did i mention I LOVE IT!!!!!
check out these latches. i've never seen anything like them and i hope they hold up. they're a little wiggly but all they need is a new rivet popped in there...luckily.. i love these too! notice the chipping paint antique look. i'm seriously addicted to "good things" from the past.

well, this is what it looks like from afar with all my favorite things inside. i have favorite pieces that i cook with often so i decided to tuck them safely into my new addition.


here i have all my favorite cookbooks. they pretty much all have a story. i swear by the first SL cookbook. it has any and everthing you could ever imagine in it. the weeknight favorites is great menu planning for busy ppl. i love to entertain so of course, SL entertaining is great! tidewater on the halfshell is one i got from my mom's mom. she got it from her sister in virginia beach and it's very special to me. i also got the next one from her "cooking from quilt country"...i'm sorry, but there is nothing like some good amish recipes! one of my new favorite books is "the pioneer woman" I LOVE HER also! cooking with crisco....well, what can i say? i have had that book a million years! and then ms. paula deen! these are my favorite books......i forgot to put her sons' books on there. they were being used at the time......but i like them too!



i got the pretty flowerdy platter at the thrift store also. i'll find some use for it. then the clear two part glass pickle/olive dish. have any of you seen or do you know what the round tin is??

BISCUIT CUTTERS!!!!!! of all sizes! how awesome are these?? antique also and some of my favorite things...did i mention they are GREAT doughnut cutter-outters?? :)


then i have my...or mom's apple peeler/corer that i have been borrowing like 3 years now. she actually borrows it from me now. ;) then there's my stone baking pieces. does it look like i have bake a ton of pound cakes or what ? stone pie plate for the perfect apple pie from the crisco cooking book! AND a stone biscuit..stone?! haha
i thought putting my silverware in these jars would make for easy unloading of the dishwasher by my 4 year old! now we just have to get used to them being in here!
here is the bottom....just some other of my FAVORITE cookin pieces! and a crock pot.. i have got to start cooking in that think a little more. i'm still al little unsure of that thing! anyway, ya wanna know how much i paid for this beaut?
$10.!!!!!!!!!!
HOW AWESOME IS THAT??? i know!!! and it had just come in right before we got there!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like someone doesn't need my help with the pictures :) Still mad you wouldn't sell me that cabinet at twice the price you paid for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I just tagged you as a Versatile blogger on my page: http://honeysugahdahlin.blogspot.com/2010/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete