Thursday, January 2, 2014

2 years and 15. ;)

It's been two years since I've posted on this blog and 15 that I've been married.  I had to go back and check because I didn't believe it myself.  My computer screen got broken and when I finally got it fixed I had gotten so used to my phone that I didn't care to use my computer.......anyway, here I am. Back again. Many things happened in 2 years. Hopefully I can remember them all. I'll start with most recent and go backwards as I remember......
       Jake is just now getting his cast off from a broken arm that happened in November 2013.
       Christy and Jonathan had baby Abree on November 5th 2013!!!
       Theron has survived 2 months longer than the doctor expected when he was first diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer back in October 2013.
       I finally am on medication that has my migraines under control....migraine free since July 2013!!!!
       Had a hysterectomy in April (best thing I've EVER done for myself....and my family) also had carpal and cubital tunnel surgery on both my hands and elbows this year.....whew!
       And now for the fun part,  we took a road trip to TEXAS!!! We took two days to get there so we could sightsee on the way out and break up the days. We stopped in Pensacola, Fla at the airplane museum (awesome!) and then we went to Mobile, Al and toured the USS Alabama Battleship. That was pretty neat, too. After that we drove to New Orleans.....one of my favorite places ever. We only stayed for a few hours but I'd love to go back for a few days and go on some tours. We then headed to Baton Rouge, spent the nite there, and stopped at the Tobasco plant in La the next day. When we got to Texas we headed straight to the weigh-in at the BassMasters Elite Tournament. My Benjamin was on cloud 9!!! He and Jake even made the front page of the paper because Ben was holding a sign near the front row that read "I'm the NEXT Kevin VanDam" he was amazed at alllll the huge bass that those guys brought to the stage.  We did all kinds of fun things while we were out there, saw different stuff, ate different foods. We  left around 8 on Sunday nite and started driving home and drove til about 1 and then finished it up the next day. It was a loooooooooong trip home.
        I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.....probably some really BIG stuff but my brain is still trying to recover from the holidays. I'll try to pick up from here. I love reading back over my posts from the very beginning and I hate I didn't have any posts and pictures from the past two years. A lot has happened.   <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment