Saturday, January 11, 2014

Reminiscing........

I got a camera card adapter from SIL for the iPad and loaded a LARGE amount of photos on here. I've picked out some of my favorites for a post.  These first few are from when we went camping at Lake Blackshear a couple years ago. Early morning......my favorite time of day at the lake. It's so quiet, not a lot of movement, just the sound of boats and the smell of bacon cooking. :)
This guy here in the kayak is exactly where I'd like to be right now........quiet, foggy, chilly morning.

My kids (the boys anyway) are actually some of the early risers at the lake...."the early riser gets the fish" as Ben says. I say "if your name is Ben Perry you get the fish!" Period.  When you're good,you're good.

Same foggy morning, I just turned around and took this picture. :)

This was taken at the Agrirama in November 2012
This picture was from Theron's surprise 80th birthday party/family reunion. This is a BIG chuck of the Cook family. He had just found out about two weeks before that he had stage four lung cancer. We really thought this would be the last birthday he'd see. He just had his 81st last October and he's steadily working on his 82nd!

Every time I look at these two pictures I tear up. Rivs great grandma Juanita bought her her first American Girl Doll. Rivers had NO IDEA that she had done this. So Ms. Juanita called us over one nite to bring her over and she FLIPPED OUT when she opens that box and saw that doll inside!!!  I love the look on her face!!!

She was one happy and excited little girl!!! And she loves her dolls!!!  (All 3 of them)

This is one of the days I realized my babies are all grown up. They are all BIG enough to ride the roller coasters at Wild Adventures. I knew this day would come but I remember just like it was yesterday that I had plenty of time to worry about that before it actually happened. :/.  It's come and gone in the blink of an eye.

Here sitting, strapped in these four, black seats is MY. ENTIRE. WORLD. And look at the excitement on those faces!!!  And one barefoot little girl! In December! (2012)

They ALL love roller coasters!!!

Here we are in 2013. Pensacola, Fla. on our way to Orange, Texas.

Navy Museum=amazing!!!

The life sized planes were so pretty and it was neat to think they were actually once flown and protected our country. There was a lot to read but it wasn't easy with three kids that wanted to just get in and fly all of them ! I wondered if my besties husband, Jonathan, got to fly in many of these types of planes since he was in the Navy. They've definitely got to visit that place when they get back out this way.

We also toured the USS Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. This HUGE battleship was amazing but also depressing. I can't imagine someone being on a ship for as long as those men were and not going absolutely crazy. I'm not claustrophobic but that ship almost made me! 

We were able to go in practically every nook and cranny of this ship. And there were many!

The next day (after we spent the nite in Baton Rouge) we stopped and toured the Tabaso plant. We tried to pack in as much as possible on our trip and make it a learning experience. This was territory NONE of the Perry'S had ever been in!  EVER!

And leave it to Ben to find a fish outta water!

This was one of the strangest sights to me! All I've ever seen are Ga, Tn and Fla (lately). But NEVER LA and MS or TX!!! Texas was my favorite!

And we had to visit the World's Largest Fire Hydrant in Beaumont, Texas!!! 

This was the hi light of Ben's entire trip! He met the man he's gonna one day replace! Hahaha!  I wish I had the money to get him started.  It's his calling. The boy can fish.

They were all three amazed at the size of this engine/motor? I was too actually.

Ben said this is his future transportation.    ;).  I believe it!  This boat wrap was really neat. It looks camo but the "camo" look is actually tiny pictures that were sent in of his fans!

Ben's first local fishing tournament.  MAP had to work so I had to take him to a pond out at our house.....in the heat!  Good grief it was so hot!!! He didn't care!

He is so serious when he fishes. I do love watching him. And he could fish all day whether he catches anything or not (which is very rare).

And he knows where they are. It amazes me. I'd love to be able to send him with one of the pros for a day of fishing. Although they may get their feelings hurt.  :)

And here's my little goat girl!

Basking in the sun. She (unlike my oldest) will smile for anyone!

May 2013. Mexico Beach. As soon as we got there. Ben fishing. 

Me: Ben, it's dark, you can't catch anything if you can't see!!!
Ben:  (see picture)
The moon was absolutely beautiful and was obviously bright enough and made it light enough to fish!

Rounding out the year. October 2013. Blue Ridge, Ga.

The boys fishing in the Toccoa River and boy did they ever! We have a freezer full of trout waiting to be fried up!!!

The only way for me to get a good picture of Jake is if I surprise him!

The boy won't smile or cooperate foe ANYTHING!!!!!!

This is the newest addition to the Hickman family!  Abree Estelle. That hair still blows my mind! She was born on November 5, 2013, weighing in at 9lbs 12ozs!!! OMG!!!  I wuv her!

Happy 2014!!!!!!   And PS. I'm not going back to proofread this!  Ain't nobody got time for that!!!

1 comment: