Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blue Ridge, Ga 2013

These are some of the pictures from our trip to Blue Ridge in October 2013. We visited Mercier Apple Orchard and got some of the best apples ever. While we were in the mountains I cooked some of the most delicious meals ever. One of the desserts included an apple crisp that I used some of our freshly picked apples for! It was so good! We had never been to an apple orchard and this one was HUGE! They also had a store/gift shop/bakery and they sell 1.5 MILLION Apple pies (not including cherry, peach and sweet potato either!!!) just Apple!!!!  1.5 MILLION every year!!! That's a lot of pies!!! We bought probably 24-35+. They are so yummy. Cherry and peach are my favorite though. :)




While we were in the mountains I decided I was gonna try to take some pictures of my babies. It was supposed to be cooler being it was up in the mountains and all but notsomuch! I promised if they'd be good and cooperate and just give me ONE good picture I'd be done.....they gave me several. :) I think they were secretly having a good time :) especially the little lady!

They really liked this old barn. They said it reminded them of the "little house on the prairie" days.

Jake thinks he is too old to be taking pictures with his kid brother and sister these days. 

He acts like he doesn't want to do it but he is actually proud when he takes a good picture. This is one of my favorites because I didn't tell them to pose like this. They really do love each other no matter what the daily blood curdling screams and tattletaling may make you think. ;)

Rivers is my little supermodel wannabe. She'll pose for pictures all day long. Even in a tree hanging over the water with a snake slithering under her boots. :) no joke!

She is growing up way too fast. I remember when she was 14  months old we were worried that she'd never walk and now she's practically grown! 

This is the wobbly bridge we went to that wasn't far from our cabin. We hope to go back this spring and float down the Toccoa from the bridge to our cabin.

Ben is trying to find some babies of course :)

Here are Rivs and momma hanging off the second story of the cabin.

Another picture from the apple orchard. Daddy decided he'd eat one right off the tree.

We also went to the Ga Mountain Fair in Hiawassee. It was very neat. They had outdoor shows and arts and crafts and lots of country singing. My babes sat for six straight hours watching people sing! They actually enjoyed it......I know, they're strange like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment