Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday, Crazy Monday

It's been another long weekend. It started out really well and then Saturday came. And some people didn't agree with some decisions that Theron made (he has decided he is done with chemo. It is killing him) and well, needless to say, things escalated and this sign pretty much sums up how I feel this morning. 
To put it nicely, forget them.....all of them. I'll continue to take care of my grandmother and grandfather because obviously, that's what God has intended for me to do because without Him I. AM. NOT. STRONG. ENOUGH. 
These are some random pictures I've taken that are so pretty to me. They make me smile. :)
Also on this nasty Monday Rivers and I have the snots and scratchy throat. We are downing all sorts of allergy meds. We feel quiet fine right now. :)

Tomorrow nite and Wednesday's forecast calls for SNOW!!!!!! Oh my! I may or may not be excited about it...depends on if this scratchy throat goes away. 
Last nite before I went to bed I was talking about how the forecast was almost depressing because there was no sun showing for the next 10 days......well, it was out there when I got up this morning!!! Just what I needed! Another sign.

Theron is determined he is going to see Dr. Shaw and the girls tomorrow. And he probably will with the determination he has! Man is it ever gonna be cold out tomorrow! But if he wants to go I will be there to take him! He's been doing so good the past couple days. Eating a little more, drinking a LOT more, and walking without a cane OR walker!

I have resorted to wearing socks that don't match and I think it's kinda cool. It's mainly because I don't have time to look for matching ones and I really don't care because it's not important.  Today I have grey with orange dots and hot pink trim and another that's grey with lime green dots and purple trim. 

There have been so many times in the past four months that I've contemplated packing our bags, loading up the car, telling no one (except maybe my moma) and driving to the beach for the weekend.....and "accidentally" forgetting our phones at home. Instant stress relief. It's just not warm enough. I want to walk out to where the water is just below my nose. And not think about anything. Just let the salt water and sun soak into my skin. 

This is also stress relieving. Gardening. This is the stuff that my Jake grew. Fresh vegetables are just so pretty to me. Fresh from the earth. The color is just so vibrant. And they just taste so much better. I'm trying to talk Jake in to growing flowers this year. A field of flowers when I look out the front window. Talk about beautiful! I think I'm gonna slip out there and plant a slew of zinnias this year. They are so gorgeous!!!

Ta-ta for now. Here's to simpler times!

No comments:

Post a Comment